pic rotate

Friday, June 28, 2013

Remembrance

Normally when I post if it's even if it's coming from a "venting" standpoint, I hope it has some benefit that others can learn from. But this time, this venting is mostly just for me....


Yesterday was the 1-year Anniversary of Jesse Glover's Death...

I've always said that I'm extremely grateful of the short time I had being a student of his. But thinking of him now, I often wonder how much more I would've been influenced, how much more of a different person I would be if I had trained with him back in 2003 or 2004 if given the opportunity back then? That was the only period in my life, looking back in hindsight, that I know for sure that if given the opportunity to train, I could've taken it up without any obstacles because of the transition period in my life that I was going through where one responsibility could've easily been given up with no one hurt, and before taking on the newer responsibilities and commitments I ended up taking.

Alas, I have to settle for usual "things happen in their own time" phrase, or the "well the route I went through made me who I am and should be thankful for it". I understand both, and can agree in both. The people I've met and experiences I had definitely help shape the way I interact and perceive the world in a manner that I am happy with. But I can't help but wonder...

When I look at the people who are my brothers & sisters in Non-Classical Gung-Fu (NCGF), especially my seniors who have been with Jesse for SO LONG...I can't help but hope I follow suit, and turn out the same way they are...GOOD People. Humble people. Realistic, Down-to-earth People. HARD WORKING People! REAL Gung-Fu men & women.

I guess this post is more than just remembering Jesse, it's a thankful post for those in NCGF who I have met, who I have interacted with me directly, who I will be interacting with in the future, and being thankful for ALL of them.

It's been a while since I've seen them all. I don't know if I'm still considered one of them, but to me whether I am or not, I am just as much indebted to them as I am to Jesse.

To Jesse & to his Gung-Fu family! Thank You for SO MUCH! My thoughts are with you. I will always be someone you can count on to help out in any way I can.





No comments:

Post a Comment